Innes P Superbowl 2018 Guide
SUPER BOWL GAME DAY RECIPES Best Chili EVER •2 pounds ground beef, turkey or venison
•1 teaspoon oregano •1 teaspoon salt
•4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil •1 yellow or white onion, chopped •1 green bell pepper, chopped •4 cloves garlic, minced •1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped •2 jalapeño peppers, finely chopped (optional) •3 tablespoons chili powder •2 teaspoons cumin •1 teaspoon sugar
•1 teaspoon black ground pepper •1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper •46-oz. can tomato juice •28-oz. can diced tomatoes •15-oz. can tomato sauce
•16-oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed •16-oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed •Shredded cheese and sour cream, for topping
1. In a large skillet, cook ground meat over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Transfer the meat to a bowl. Drain excess grease from skillet, but do not clean.
2. Add the olive oil to the skillet. Add the onion, green pepper, garlic, parsley and jalapeño peppers (if using) and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and fragrant (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and add the chili powder, cumin, sugar, oregano, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir until combined. 3. If cooking the chili stovetop, add the cooked meat back to the skillet. If using a slow cooker, add meat-veggie mixture to the slow cooker. Add the tomato juice, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans and pinto beans to either the skillet or slow cooker, depending on which you are using. On stovetop, bring to a boil, dial back to medium-low and simmer for 2 hours. In slow cooker, cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. Serve warm with cheese and sour cream.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip • 2 chicken breasts or thighs • 3 oz buffalo chicken sauce • 1 stalk celery, chopped (optional) • 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheese • Salt and pepper, to taste
• 4 oz cream cheese (half a container) • 4 oz ranch or blue cheese dressing
1. Place the buffalo chicken sauce and chicken breasts in a small pan and heat over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, turning the chicken once while cooking. 2. Remove from heat and meanwhile, assemble the cream cheese, dressing, and celery and place in your crockpot. 3. Shred the cooled chicken and add it, along with the buffalo chicken sauce, to the crockpot. 4. Heat on slow for 2 hours to ensure chicken finishes cooking. 5. Stir in your cheese just before serving. 6. Serve warm alongside chips or vegetables.
• 3 cups seeded and diced Roma tomatoes (about 1 pound Roma tomatoes) • 1 – 15-ounce can corn kernels, rinsed and drained • 1 cup seeded and diced bell pepper, any color (about 1 medium pepper) • ¾ cup red onion or shallot, small diced • 1 – 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained • 1 – 15-ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained • 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced (optional) • ¾ cup chopped cilantro (about ½ bunch fresh cilantro)
• 1/3 cup olive oil • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
• 1 teaspoon honey • 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced • 1 to 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste • ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
1. In a large bowl, add the diced tomatoes, corn kernels, diced bell pepper, diced red onion, black beans, black-eyed peas, and minced jalapeño. Stir to combine. 2. In a small bowl, add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, honey, cumin, minced garlic, salt and black pepper. Whisk the dressing ingredients together until well-combined. 3. Pour the dressing into the large bowl over the veggies. Add the cilantro, and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed. 4. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour, or overnight to blend flavors. 5.Serve chilled or at room temperature, with sliced avocado or corn chips, as desired.
Made with FlippingBook - Online catalogs