Cleaning Breast Pump Parts It is important to clean all breast pump parts that come in contact with the breast and breast milk as soon as possible after each use. This will help prevent contamination and protect your baby from the germs that could grow in the breast milk or breast milk residue. Supplies • Wash basin (used only for breast pump parts). • Clean brush (used only for pump parts or infant feeding items). • Clean unused dish towel or paper towels. Inspect your parts every time you put them together. If your tubing has milk or mold in it, throw it away and replace it with a new set of tubing.
Before you pump: • Wash your hands. • Clean your pump and pumping area with a disinfectant wipe; include the power switch, dials and counter top. After you pump: 1. Disconnect all breast pump parts from the tubing.
4. Take apart each pump piece that has come in contact with the breast or breast milk. 5. Rinse each piece in cool water to remove remaining milk, and then place each piece in a dishwasher or a separate wash basin used only for cleaning the pump kit and infant feeding items. (Do not place in the sink.)
2. If your tubing has water droplets in it, leave it attached to the pump. Run the pump for a few more minutes until the tubing is dry. 3. Wipe the outside of the tubing with a damp cloth or disinfectant wipe.
Clean the pump parts
Wash Basin (by Hand)
1. Be sure parts are dishwasher-safe. (Some pieces must be hand washed.) 2. Place small items in closed-top basket or mesh laundry bag. 3. Add soap and run using hot water and a heated drying cycle. Use sanitize setting if available. 4. Wash your hands before removing parts from the dishwasher. 5. If parts are not dry, allow to air-dry on a clean dish towel or paper towels.
1. Add hot water and dish soap to wash basin. 2. Scrub each piece with a clean brush. (Use this brush only for cleaning breast pump parts or infant feeding items.) 3. Rinse by holding under running water or in a separate basin with fresh water. 4. Air-dry pump parts by placing them on a clean dish towel or paper towel. Avoid using cloth towels to rub or dry your pump parts! 5. Rinse basin and brush well and air dry.
Store safely • Be sure items have air-dried completely.
• Store in a clean protected area.
Made with FlippingBook - Online catalogs