MSW Wine Press NY March 2017
Ch Â teau de Parench È re Bordeaux Superieur 2014 55% Merlot, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Cabernet Franc.
Caldera Distilling Hurricane 5 Canadian Whiskey
Caldera is a grain-to-glass craft distillery, located in Nova Scotia, Canada. They produce Hurricane Whiskey from organically estate-grown grains. The spirit is distilled, barreled, aged & bottled in River John. By using a unique mix of oak barrels for aging, they can accelerate, slow, mellow and spice their spirit as required to ensure the perfect finish. ITEM 30193152 - PAGE 358 Jack Ryan 12 Year Old Single Malt Irish Whiskey Jack Ryan’s, also known as the “Beggar’s Bush” by locals, is one of Dublin’s oldest existing pubs.This whiskey celebrates that centennial milestone, and is a revival of the Jack Ryan brand, which stopped production in 1946 when the Dublin Whiskey Distillery shuttered. Aged for 12 years, with no chill filtration, the whiskey has been matured in ex-bourbon barrels hand-picked by the family themselves. ITEM 30151947 - PAGE 358 Osocalis Distillery Rare Alabmic Brandy A blend of brandies distilled from Pinot Noir, Semillon and Colombard. Aged six years in barrel, it includes older stock added for finesse and structure. A subdued golden color. Aromas of sweet fruit, baking spices, jasmine, flowers and herbs are repeated on the palate with notes of oak, rye, citrus and slight hints of sweet tea and rosemary. The finish presents notes of spice, honey, leather and mint. ITEM 30109749 - PAGE 355
Sourced from vines planted in 1958 to clay and chalk soil located on the border of the Dordogne and Lot-et Garonne departments. Fermentation in cement vats lasted seven days, followed by 21 days post fermentation maceration. The wine was aged for 14 months in cement before bottling. ITEM 30184740 - PAGE 378 Teso La Monja Almirez 2014 The grapes for Almirez come from estate vineyards situated in Valdefinjas and Toro. Average vine age is between 15-65 years old. Harvest is exclusively manual with rigorous selection of the fruit in optimal health and ripeness conditions at the vineyard and at the winery, by means of a sorting table. Grapes are destemmed. Fermentation lasts 14 days, and the wine was aged for 12 months in French oak (30% new). ITEM 30190575 - PAGE 396 Cantine San Marzano Anniversario 62 Primitivo di Manduria DOP Riserva 2013 In 1962, 19 vine growers from San Marzano combined their efforts to establish Cantine San Marzano. The vineyards are planted in San Marzano and Sava to soils comprised of finely textured iron oxide and rocks over calcareous stone. The berries are picked by hand. Maceration and fermentation lasts 18 days for 80% of the must, 25 days on remaining 20%. The wine was aged for 18 months in French and American oak. ITEM 30188825 - PAGE 387
Made with FlippingBook