Information on German insurance_without health 2019


Below we would like to provide you with a brief overview of different types of insurance which you might need during your assignment in Germany. Health insurance is not included. + Personal liability insurance, home contents insurance and legal expenses insurance are recommended PERSONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE (PRIVAT-HAFTPFLICHTVERSICHERUNG) a) Car: An unlimited, third-party liability insurance policy is compulsory for all cars/motorized vehicles entering Germany. Safe drivers are rewarded by reductions of their premiums. In order to benefit from this, please provide a record of your insurance history from your insurance provider. b) Private: This insurance is optional, but highly recommended. Many landlords will demand proof of liability insurance before signing a lease contract, since it covers cases of liability for injury or damage to other persons or their property. Basic or standard coverage is €5-10 million against injury or damage and €50,000 against damage to a rented property. Some insurances offer special premiums for individuals. Not every aspect is covered by this type of insurance, so please check with your insurance provider regarding what fields are covered or not under the policy. c) If you have a dog, please be advised that dog liability insurance is strongly recommended. HOME INSURANCE (HAUSRATSVERSICHERUNG) Household Insurance, covering the contents of your home against fire, water damage, theft, vandalism, and hail is not required by law in Germany; however, it is recommended, and some landlords demand it. The insurance costs can depend on the size of your accommodation and the quantity and quality of your household goods. LEGAL INSURANCE (RECHTSCHUTZVERSICHERUNG9 Covers any legal costs you encounter up to a certain limit. And, if you want to countersue, it will cover the payment as long as there is a reasonable chance of winning. Legal insurance can be purchased for different purposes, such as for the entire family, the job, traffic infractions, or the lease of your home. For further detailed information you should contact the following recommendable English speaking independent insurance brokers* offering their services in different ways (in person, via email, on-line or phone): INDEPENDENT INSURANCE BROKERS Hoesch & Partner GmbH (Offices in Frankfurt, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Stuttgart and Munich, coverage throughout Germany) KURZ & BÜNDIG AG Versicherungslösungen (Coverage throughout Germany) Contact person: Peter B. Meier

Contact person: Matthias Heil Rüsterstr. 1, 60325 Frankfurt

Bussardweg 9, 48155 Münster i. Westf. Tel.: +49 (0) 251 5904 90 65 (central line) Fax: +49 (0) 251 5904 90 75 E-Mail: (Mr. Meier) Website:

Tel.: +49 (0) 69-71 70 7-0 Fax: +49 (0) 69-72 73 7-5 E-Mail: Website:

© Dwellworks GmbH

Page 1

v. 2019

Made with FlippingBook - professional solution for displaying marketing and sales documents online