A Course for Safe Boating
Tips to Prevent Theft
Engrave valuable boating gear with the owner’s drivers license number.
Photograph or videotape the inside and outside of the boat, showing all
installed equipment and additional gear carried.
Keep a written inventory of the boat, trailer and equipment. List all
electronics, outboard engines, and other gear by brand name, model and
Remove property from the boat after each boating trip.
Store the boat and trailer out of sight in a garage, storage shed or backyard.
Secure the boat and trailer to a pole or tree with a strong lock and chain.
REVIEW QUESTIONS: TRAILERING AND LAUNCHING A BOAT
Answer these questions by circling
for true or
1. It is necessary to unplug the brake lights from the trailer before you launch your boat. T F
2. You should always remove the winch cable from the boat before you back down the ramp. T F
3. Check the boat for safety equipment and fuel level while it is on the ramp. T F
4. If your boat is registered, you do not need to register the trailer. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . T F
5. When trailering a boat, it takes longer to stop and to pass another car. T F
Turn to page 100 for correct answers.
For more information about marine