Accessory Ideas FOR YOUR TRUCK & JEEP Featured Vehicles FROM OUR FANS & FOLLOWERS Outdoor Adventure EXPLORE BC & ALBERTA
NORTH SHORE OFF-ROAD CENTRE
NE X T g enerat i on bed l i ners
BedRug Bed Liners are constructed of durable materials that will withstand the elements and your workload. Both styles, the BedRug and BedTred are custom molded to match the contour of the truck bed and provide you with the protection and personal comfort that you need.
Calgary’s Original Vehicle Graphics and Wrap store
Wraps are Cost Effective Marketing – from $1 per day! Commercial Vehicle & Fleet Wrap advertising are marketing dollars well spent. Why spend marketing dollars on a short-term billboard or temporary signage, when you can get your company logo and message noticed wherever your vehicle goes? Vehicle wraps typically last 5-7 years and get noticed while your company vehicle is driving or whether its parked. Premium Materials only… no substitutes! We don’t compromise on the quality of our installation, and won’t compromise with the materials used. We only use the best quality materials from 3M, Avery, Llumar and Dura-Shield.
RavenGraphics.ca For all of your graphics needs… we make it easy as 1, 2, 3 Visit to get started
Complete Wrap... Big or Small!
Stripes, Colour Change...
Window Tint, Paint Protection...
Vinyl Cut and Spot Graphics
We have been serving Calgary & Area since 1979
ood Day to our fellow Raven and North Shore Off-Road Truck and Jeep enthusiasts! Welcome to the first issue of The Accessory Dream Guide. We hope you find our dream guide informative and help to provide you with ideas to build your dream ride. Since the late 70’s (Raven) and early 80’s (NSOR) we have been outfitting vehicles for work and play through-out Western Canada. Starting with single locations in Edmonton and North Vancouver we have grown into a network of multiple stores. Our team is proud to work in and support the communities we serve and share in your passion to build great looking Jeeps and Trucks. We are proud to feature some of our great product lines along with some fantastic looking Truck and Jeep builds. Like you our passion for building and enjoying the great outdoors will be found through- out The Accessory Dream Guide as we share stories on how our fans and followers enjoy the builds they bring to life. No matter what you plan to do with your Truck, Jeep or SUV we can outfit it to make your dreams come true for work and play. We hope that you enjoy our Accessory Dream Guide, join our social media revolution, check-out our websites or visit our locations to chat with the experts about how we can help you build your dream vehicle. Thanks for your support.
Editor/Designer: Lina Tran Content Manager/Photographer: Kalie Furi Editorial Writer: Barb J. Green B.A (Hons.), M.A. Cover Photo: Lund International
Aries Automotive Bak Industries BDS Suspension
Bednet Bedrug Brightsource
Cargo Bed Cloudrider Extang Fia Firestone Husky Liners Iron Cross Kargomaster Lund International PIAA
Enjoy your ride and never stop dreaming!
Putco Retrax Snow Bear Truxedo
Richard Balan President
USA Standard Gear Yukon Gear & Axle Zone Offroad
Website raventruck.com nsor.com
Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
18 ALBERTA OUTDOOR ADVENTURE VagabondExpedition
The Accessory Dream Guide is available for pick-up free of charge from any Raven Truck Accessories and North Shore Off-Road Centre stores
4 THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE
SHOUT OUT What Our Fans Drive
BAKFLIP MX4 TONNEAU We’ve Got It Covered
18 22 36 44 52 57 60
13 24 25 32 33 45 63
ALBERTA OUTDOOR ADVENTURE VagabondExpedition
STORM TROOPER FX4 2013 Ford F150 FX4
RAMPAGE 2011 Chevy Colorado Z71
IT IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT Rolling Cargo Bed
HEAD TURNER TUNDRA 2008 Toyota Tundra
SHOUT OUT Our Fan Rides
MARIO 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
LET YOUR TRUCK BE A TRUCK Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs
SPEEDY STEVE 2013 JK Sahara Wrangler
BC OUTDOOR ADVENTURE Rock Lobster
THE FAZI BUILD 1987 Toyota Pickup
SEEING IS BELIEVING PIAA Lighting
MX4: WE’VE GOT IT COVERED BakFlip Tonneau Covers
BLACK WIDOW 2012 Ram 1500
FEATURED VEHICLES Dream Builds
PIAA Seeing is Believing
THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE 5
FOX 2.5 COILOVER SHOCKS
BOLT IN THE ULTIMATE OFFROAD PERFORMANCE UPGRADE
• Smooth bore, clear coated 6061-T6 alloy body • Hardened chrome 7/8’’ shaft and black anodized aluminum ends • Race-developed, high flow piston design with external reservoir • External reservoir separates shock oil from high-pressure nitrogen • Fully assembled with Eibach coils and preload set for specific ride height • Direct bolt-on upgrade kits and coilover conversion kits available
• • • • • • •
Complete Suspension Systems
Radius Arm, 4-Link Conversion Systems
FOX Performance Coilover Systems & Upgrade Kits High Clearance & No Torsion Drop IFS Systems
Full Coil Bind Capable Coil Springs
FOX 2.5 DSC COILOVER SHOCKS
Glide Ride Leaf Springs
High Strength, Long Lasting Black Powder Coat Finish
Dual Speed Compression (DSC) technology improves the FOX coilover performance with easy adjustability tomatch your terrain. Same benefits of FOX 2.5 coilovers now with DSC for12-points of high speed compression adjustment and 10-points of low speed adjustment to dial in the ride.
• Engineered for Optimal Suspension Geometry, Ride Quality, and Handling Capability • Available with Custom Valved BDS NX2 Series Shocks, or FOX 2.0 Performance Series Shocks • Lifetime, “No Fine Print” Warranty • FMVSS No.126 Compliant Systems *Certain features only apply where applicable
BDS SHOCK LINE
FORGED FLEX END KIT • Heavy-duty forged steel housing use 1-piece flex balls and polyurethane races • Comes completely assembled with grease fitting and jam nut FORGED FLEX END REBUILD KITS • Kits include races, washer and snap ring to rebuild 1 end RUBBER BUSHINGS BUILDER’S KIT - JEEP LCA • Kit includes 1 weld-on eye, and 1 press-in rubber bushing WELD-IN THREADED TUBE INSERTS • Weld into the appropriate sized tube to create custom control arms, track bars, etc. using the BDS line of forged ends FLEX END REBUILD TOOL • Tools are designed for traditional BDS fabricator style flex ends or new forged flex ends • Great for assembling new ends, trail fixes or replacing bushings FORGED UNI-BALL END KIT • Unique design incorporates the popular uni-ball (COM bearing) design with a forged flex end housing • Fully rebuildable, works with any standard 7/8" mis-alignment inserts (not included) allowing for numerous mounting bolts and widths FABRICATOR FLEX END KITS • Weld on flex eye kits, all parts needed to make a complete control arm
• Durable metallic silver finish • Vehicle specific valving for better control • High-end performance at an affordable price • Pressurized nitrogen charged twin-tube design • Lightening fast dampening adaptive to terrain • Large fluon banded piston with self lubricating seals
FOX 2.0 PERFORMANCE SERIES SHOCKS
DIRECT REPLACEMENT HIGH-PERFORMANCE GAS SHOCKS
• Cold forged 6061-T6 aluminum construction • IFP design allows for fade-free shock performance
• Includes 2 flex eyes ready to weld on and assemble FABRICATOR FLEX END REBUILD KITS • Kits include races, washers and snap ring to rebuild 2 ends • Use to rebuild fabricator flex ends or BDS control arm ends where eye is welded to arm
• Hardened chrome 5/8’’ shaft and black anodized aluminum ends • Specially formulated race oil designed to operate at extreme temps • Improve on-road and off-road performance
6 THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE
BOLT ON THE TRACTION FOR STREET, TRACK AND TRAIL WITH THE SPRING LOADED RECOIL TRACTION BARS FROM BDS SUSPENSION
BDS Suspension introduces a revolutionary spring loaded traction bar system engineered to improve traction and limit axle wrap without negatively affecting suspension travel or ride quality. These next generation RECOIL Traction Bars offer you the freedom to tune the 3,000lb. spring rate internal coil spring resistance for optimal performance on-road, off-road, towing, or competition pulling. These traction bars can be used on stock height or lifted trucks and work with both lift blocks and replacement leaf spring kits. They use a full floating design that won’t bind up allowing the full range of wheel travel without limiting articulation.
The supplied Spanner wrenches are used to adjust spring tension and to verify the load on the springs by using the wrench notches.
8 THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE
YUKON AXLES When it’s all about strength, Yukon’s built-to-last rear performance axles are up to 37% stronger than other after-market options
Front Axles • Forged from 4340 material and heat treated for high tensile and yield strength • Increased material in the yoke area for added strength • Rolled Splines – 30% increased strength over cut splines Rear Axles • One piece forged 1541H material • 25% increased strength over OE stock 1040/1050 material • Rolled splines provide 30% increased strength over cut splines
YUKON RING AND PINIONS Stocking over 200 different ring and pinion part numbers for all kinds of applications. From off-road to street they’ve got the market covered • Developed for rear wheel drive passenger and light duty trucks • Full line of popular performance and racing gears • Full line of off-road gears • Smooth finish • Easy set-up • Run cooler and quieter than other after-market gears
YUKON GRIZZLY LOCKERS • Available for popular off-road and performance applications • Patent pending design reduces common failures • 8620 internals for added strength • Comes with Yukon’s Best Warranty in the Business, 1 year replacement of part and up to $2,000 in collateral damage
YUKON ZIP LOCKERS • Air operated locker provides on-demand traction • Forged case & 4320 internals for added strength • Works with a variety of air-delivery systems • Comes with Yukon’s Best Warranty in the Business, 2 year replacement of part and up to $2,000 in collateral damage
10 THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE
Welcome to Featured Vehicles in our Accessory Dream Guide, where we show our appreciation for individuals who are building their “Dream Ride”. At Raven Truck Accessories and North Shore Off-Road, we love what we do! We have decided to feature some of the enthusiastic Jeep/Truck modifiers who inspire us. We love how each vehicle reflects the style, interests and personality of its owner. It’s fascinating to see how every build is con- stantly evolving as parts are added and others are re- moved or improved. In this issue, we profile everything from a 1987 Toyota pick- up which is completely modified by a do-it-yourselfer to a customized 2012 Wrangler Limited Edition. Each Featured Vehicle has a name and the owners have their own Insta- gram accounts. For instance, the ’87 Toyota is called The Fazi Build, the ’08 Tundra is Head Turner Tundra, the Jeep
RAMPAGE 2011 Chevy Colorado Z71
Sahara Unlimited is called Rock Lobster, the lowered Ram is Black Widow, the ’13 Ford F150 is named Storm Troop- er FX4 and finally, the ’11 Colorado goes by Rampage. It is clear that these vehicles are much more than transpor- tation: they have their own identity and attitude.
We here at Raven Truck Accessories and North Shore Off- Road applaud their hard work, dedication and passion. We want to cast a big spotlight on those individuals by sharing their dream builds with all of you fellow addicts. We encour- age you to search through the pages of this Dream Guide to find photos from the following Canadian locations: Flin Flon, Manitoba, Rocky Mountain House, Alberta, Langley, British Columbia, Okatoks, Alberta, Vernon, British Columbia and both Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta. SHARE YOUR RIDE WITH PRIDE! If you also live this dream of making your ride into your ideal mod, why not share it with us and all the other enthusiasts out there? Show us your vehicle by posting photos on our Facebook pages or tag @raventruckaccessories or @northshoreoffroad on Instagram for your chance to be featured in our next issue of The Accessory Dream Guide.
MARIO AND SPEEDY STEVE 2012 and 2013 Jeep
25 32 33
Featured Vehicles in this Issue
HEAD TURNER TUNDRA 2008 Toyota Tundra
THE FAZI BUILD 1987 Toyota Pickup
STORM TROOPER FX4 2013 Ford F150 FX4
MARIO 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
BLACK WIDOW 2012 Ram 1500
RAMPAGE 2011 Chevy Colorado Z71
SPEEDY STEVE 2013 JK Sahara Wrangler
12 THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE
Year/Make/Model: 2013 Ford F150 FX4 Engine: 5.0 Liter V8 Owner: Brandon Mifsud Location: Calgary, AB Instagram: @Storm_Trooper_FX4
STORM TROOPER FX4
Modifications: - 2” Zone Leveling Kit
Brandon Mifsud’s enthusiasm for his 2013 F150 FX4 is obvious. The Calgary resident has been outfitting trucks for years: “I have always been a motor head. As long as I can remember, I’d be pulling wrenches with my dad on the old 1976 F250 Highboy we restored.”
- SmittyBilt M1 Black Mesh Grille - Bullet Proof Kickback Mud Flaps - Bushwacker Max Coverage Pocket Style Fender Flares - 20x12 Fuel Off-Road Maverick Rims - 295/55R20 Toyo Open Country AT/2 Extreme Tires - AVS Smoked Low Profile Window Ventvisors - Airaid Cold Air Intake - Spray in Box Liner - Horn Blasters Conductor Special 244 Nightmare Edition - Speed Demon 20” Light Bar - The Retrofit Source LED C Rings - LED Concepts Halo Rings - Color Matched Headlight Buckets - 30% Tint All Around - 30% Upper and Lower Windshield Brows - Smoked Tail Lights - Smoked Headlights - 3M Protective Film (PPF) - 2 JL TW3 Powered by Phoenix Gold Amplifier - Custom Built Box
Brandon is a loyal Ford man: “I needed a truck that was not only going to reflect my personality, but haul my toys. I couldn’t be any more pleased with how my build turned out.”
“I think my most favourite accessory would have to be my headlight build with the LED Concepts Halo kit and The Retrofit Source “C-ring” kit. I constantly have people ap- proaching me commenting on how great they look. Even traveling down the road, I usually catch a few people taking a good look or a giving me the “thumbs up” as I drive
by. It’s a great feeling knowing your build is admired by the public.” “I am also a part of multiple local enthusiasts’ groups which meet up on a regular basis. Members share their passion for vehicles & organize events such as cruises and shows.” “My goal for this truck is to not only make it stand out from the crowd, but I want to have the performance to go along with the looks. The truck is fun to drive, but I think a supercharger by Roush would look pretty good under the hood. I will also be adding to the appearance slightly, start- ing out with a tail light build and possibly re-vamping my headlights. After that mod is completed, I will be head-
ing back to the fellas that always treat me right over at Raven Truck Accessories for even more goodies!” Brandon spells out a common joy: “you’re always wanting the latest and greatest on the market, preventing the project from ever being “Truly Finished”.
THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE 13
MODULAR BUMPERS Mix-and-match design for ultimate customization
TUBE DOORS For a taste of freedom with every drive
• Fits 2007 - 2016 Jeep ® Wrangler JK • Six-piece customizable design with 16 different configurations • Modular pieces can be added or removed as desired • Hardened T6 aluminum construction to be lightweight and rust-free (also available in carbon steel)
• Cutouts and light mounting tabs for OE bumper lights and auxiliary lighting • Accepts tow hooks and a winch (aluminum requires winch bracket #15600WRB) • Mid configuration with side caps
• Open design and aggressive cutout for the ultimate off-roading experience • Hardened T6 aluminum construction to be lightweight and rust-free • 100% TIG welds for a precise fit • Simple installation using existing hinge points
available for larger tires or wheel wells • Uses pre-existing factory mounting points for easy installation • Front and rear bumpers available • Available in steel or aluminum
• Textured black powder coat easily hides scratches and dirt • Accepts factory mirrors (not compatible with power mirrors) • Sold in pairs with swing-out straps included
LOCKABLE CARGO LID For the ultimate storage
ROCKER STEPS For added protection
• Double-tube layout and 3” wide top plate provide a solid step • Heavy-duty design offers extra protection for the sides of the Jeep ® • Flat profile increases ground clearance for ready off-roading • Textured black powder coat easily hides scratches and dirt • All-steel construction for reliable strength • Pre-welded mounting
• Six-panel, bolt-on design • Fits the Jeep ® 4-door models only • Key-operated and water-resistant • Hardened T6 aluminum construction to be lightweight and rust-free • Textured black powder coat easily hides scratches and dirt • Works in conjunction with the rear door • Convertible to a workbench or table area • 1/2” diameter tie-down anchors on top for securing additional cargo • Weight capacity up to 75 lbs. • Compatible with hardtop on or off, soft top and subwoofer • Complete kit part number ships in two boxes
brackets increase rigidity and simplify installation • No-drill, vehicle-specific application for a custom fit • Sold in pairs with mounting hardware included
14 THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE
Scan to view our website
DO IT WITH STYLE. DO IT WITH ARIES.
At ARIES, we get revved up about going off the beaten path. We understand the passion that drives you because it is the same passion that inspires us. Our focus on innovation and service gives you the competitive edge. From our modular bumpers and tube doors to our security cargo lid and fender flares, our complete line of Jeep ® products offers you the freedom to take your ride from road-worthy to trail-ready. Start customizing today with ARIES.
• Double tubes with 3" top plate provide a solid step • Heavy-duty design offers extra protection for the Jeep ® • Flat profile increases ground clearance for off-roading Rocker Steps • Six-piece customizable design with 16 configurations • Modular pieces can be added or removed as desired Modular Bumpers • Open design for the ultimate off-road experience • Hardened T6 aluminum to be lightweight and rust-free Tube Doors
Check out our complete product line at ariesautomotive.com
Connect with us!
ROCKER WALK #56000
FOLDING HINGE STEPS #60260
Rocker Walk 4DR JK (sold in pairs): Trail-rated rocker guard, run- ning board system. Rigid steel construction, the Rocker Walk will ward o unforgiving rocks, limbs and narrow trail embankments. Constructed with a dimple die traction surface steel, assures secure footing. Rocker Walks attach using heavy duty custom brackets and bolt directly to the JK frame. e durable marine grade powder coat nish, prevents corrosion and scratching. e Rocker Walk is a great looking addition and the baseline product of the complete Safari Access System.
Tactical folding grip steps attach to door hinge assembly on Jeep JK. Hinge Step (sold in pairs): Versatile folding Hinge Step permits folded-in or folded-out positions of the foot hold for storage or use. Construction is sturdy tubular steel, easily mounts on any of door, front or rear, of Jeep JK. Traction-surfaced, the design is a mid-step solution point between KMS Rocker Walks, Kat-Walk and/or roof top.
• Can be attached to all doors of a 2 and 4 door Jeep JK • Easy 3-step no drill installation • Folding step for storage • Nationwide lifetime warranty • Industrial grade fasteners for • Premium powder coat nish • Features a marine-grade black powder coat nish that is specially formulated to resist corrosion and abrasion. e most rust resistant nish in the industry • Will not fade or dull added strength and corrosion resistance
• No drill installation • Frame attachment
• For the Jeep JK 4 Door • Rigid steel construction • Industrial grade fasteners for added strength and corrosion resistance
• Premium powder coat nish • Features a marine-grade black powder coat nish that is specially formulated to resist corrosion and abrasion. e most rust resistant nish in the industry • Will not fade or dull
JK CONGO PRO CAGE 4 DOOR #55000 e Congo Pro Roof Rails provide generous attachment space for other accessories including; loading racks, basket & platforms, grab handles, light kits and Stando Brackets. Platform is not included. • Heavy-duty 2” dia x .120” steel tube is the strongest available • Lowest clearance cage system for optimal use • Industrial grade fasteners for strength & corrosion resistance • 350lb travel load capacity. 800lb static load capacity • Full line of KMS components and accessories available for
JK KAT-WALK #60255
Kat-Walk JK: Modular bolt-on access platform, designed speci cally for the Congo Pro JK Front Hoop (PN#55015). Constructed of sturdy tubular steel construction with dimple die traction for secure footing. Integrated design does not obstruct driver view or inhibit hood clearance. Use with Hinge Step and Rocker Walk JK is recommended for complete roof-top access system. Marine grade powder coat nish. • No drill installation • Rigid steel construction rated for 300lbs • Design does not trap mud or grime
additional mounting options • Premium powder coat nish • Will not fade or dull
• Sold and installed as an additional attachment to Congo Pro JK Front Hoop • Industrial grade fasteners for added strength and corrosion resistance • Premium powder coat nish • Features a marine-grade black powder coat nish that is specially formulated to resist corrosion and abrasion. e most rust resistant nish in the industry • Will not fade or dull
16 THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE
Overland Expedition Equipment
JK Congo Pro Cages Classic Congo Cages Basket Racks
Modular Platform System Modular Platform Racks EZ Access Products Accessories
kmsafari.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Ernie’s inspiration to become an off-roader and to get out and en- joy the great outdoors was his province: “Alberta is what inspired me to build the Jeep and go on adventure.” Who can fault that brilliant logic? Alberta’s Rocky Mountains, rolling parkland, vast prairie landscapes and hoodoo- filled badlands provide enough scope and variety for a lifetime of off-road exploring.
obstacles I wanted to conquer or situations I wanted to make easier.”
Elk Island, AB
Abraham Lake, AB
comes to his adventures, Ernie had a true enthusiast’s answer: “Men- tally, my toughest “obstacle” is returning home. As far as “physical” obstacles while on adventure, I do pick and choose my trails carefully since I am out solo the majority of the time, so I have yet to experi- ence anything too extreme.”
Ernie loves his Tepui Tent. It has really changed camping for him: “My Tepui Tent has to be my favourite item to date. It takes less than 2 minutes to open up to be ready to sleep in and closing up is almost as quick. No mud to wipe down and no sleeping gear to pack up separately. It saves time when making camp and stirs up a lot of interest in the Jeep (and in my adventures).”
Abraham Lake, AB
Ernie’s 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlim- ited Sahara is named Vagabond Expedition. His love of Jeeps was not a long term dream, but rather something that just happened: “I had been renting various vehicles as “daily drivers” for quite some time until I rented a Jeep for the first time. After a week of renting, I bought a Liberty and after a month of owning that, I sold it off and treated myself to a new Wrangler back in 2012.” With so much to see and do in this province, it started “stock” and I expanded as I came across various
He had such well-thought-out and well-written answers, that we decided to ask him for his advice for first time off-roaders: “Go off road with those that have experi-
When asked what his toughest challenge has been so far when it
18 THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE
Tamihi: Chilliwack, BC
Pigeon Lake, AB
places that are new, or in places I’ve already been. Although I’ve got plans for an extended USA road trip in the works, it’s all dependent on when I end up between jobs next. My next ‘mini’ adventure will no doubt to be back into the moun- tains! I’d like to spend some con- siderable amount of time ‘off grid’ and exploring more of Canada and the USA.”
ence, they can guide you to the best locations that you can use to test your Jeep’s limits as well as your own personal limits. Experiment with different trails and routes as well - do you enjoy “rock crawling” more than “mudding” or vice versa? All those things will help you grow as an off-roader, as well as to ‘grow’ your Jeep.”
It sounds like Ernie’s name for his Jeep could just as easily apply to him. Go Vagabond Expedition! Like VagabondExpedition on Face- book to follow Ernie and his many outdoor adventures through-out Alberta.
Limestone Mountain, AB
Ernie has quite a few plans for the future, both large and small: “I’m always planning mini adventures throughout Alberta, exploring in
Brazeau Spillway, AB
THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE 19
3” OFF-ROAD LED LAMPS
SAE 20” SINGLE ROW LED LIGHT BAR
Street legal in all provinces 15 LEDs and 1410 raw lumens Includes harness and switch Optional side brackets available
Available in 4 LEDs and 6 LEDs Spot light pattern Flush mount lamps available Includes harness and switch
HID HEADLIGHT CONVERSION KITS
OFF-ROAD DOUBLE ROW LIGHT BARS
• SFB (Spheroid Focused Beam) are unique to BrightSource • SFB bulbs feature a patented Spheroid Arc Glass Tube which helps ensure thermal stability and extended lifetime • Patented design restricts glare and produces a more
effective & efficient light output • Output colour is 6000 Kelvin • Vehicle Specific Kits available for Dodge, Ford, Chevy, GM and Toyota Trucks
Light Bars available in 6”, 12”, 20”, 30”, 40” and 50” Flood/spot combo light pattern Includes harness and switch
LED HEADLIGHT CONVERSION KITS
E-CODE STREET LEGAL LIGHT BARS
• High Power Philips LED Chips • 4000 lm, 6000K • Reversible base/heat sink improves vehicle application options • Bases are adjustable to ensure focused beam pattern • Vehicle Specific Kits available for Dodge, Ford, Chevy, GM and Toyota Trucks
Light Bars available in 8”, 14” and 22” Includes harness and switch
20 THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE
ROLLING CARGO BED: IT IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT
Rolling Cargo Bed can be the roll- out framework of support for what- ever you need for work or play. This ingenious, indestructible steel frame comes in a wide variety of lengths, widths and strengths so that you can get exactly what you need to begin building your easy-access roll-out platform or tray or box or whatever you can dream of. Since 1987, Roll- ing Cargo Bed has been manufac- turing sturdy frames right here in Western Canada to improve access to all sorts of equipment. For work, the Rolling Cargo Bed has formed the roll-out base for every trade there is. From welding to oilfield, electrical to plumbing, surveying to emergency response and for commercial fleets as well as independent operators, Rolling Car- go Bed has improved the access to equipment for all of these workers. By adding a plywood platform, then tool boxes, trays or drawers, your customized cargo bed rolls what you need right out to you. It rolls almost all the way out of the truck box too, with up to a laws of physics-defying 80% extension.
the box of your pickup, trying to find that specific tool as the time clock ticks away from profit to loss due to wasted time. You can design exactly what you need to make every job more efficient and also safer, reducing possible WCB claims and missed deadlines due to absenteeism. If you can design and build it, Rolling Cargo Bed can put a roll-out frame underneath it to bring it right out to where you need it.
number of apps which you se- lect to improve the ease, efficien- cy and safety of accessing your gear. Depending upon what you plan to roll out, you can order a frame strong enough to carry up to an amazing 4000 lbs. of evenly distributed weight. The patented roll out system locks in place every 10”, so you only need to roll it out as far as you need to access what you need every time. If you are a contractor and you are considering purchasing a Rolling Cargo Bed, try this experiment for a week to see if you really need one. Every time you curse because you can’t find what you need in the dingy and dimly lit jumble of tools and supplies in your truck box, throw a loonie in your change compartment. You’ll soon realize that you can’t afford not to optimize your organization and increase your profits by getting professional & installing a cargo bed. If you are a weekend warrior and you take your pickup truck out for your adventures, think of how much more fun you could be having if you spent less time loading and unloading your gear. Once your pickup box goes from a disorganized jumble to a well-ordered rolling configuration of everything in its place and a place for everything, you can spend your time actually enjoying your all-too-few hours of recreation rather than bickering with your exhausted spouse over who put the whatchamacallit where.
For play, the opportunities provided by this innovation are almost infinite. Whether you are a sports- man, a hobbyist, or a retired couple filling your golden years by exploring the continent, there is an ideal configuration of storage and security that can be made to roll right out to you when you need it. Imagine how much easier unloadingwill bewhen the luggage compartments underneath your motorhome or 5th wheel are outfitted with rolling cargo beds covered by rubberized platforms: with a simple flip of the release catch, your luggage comes to you, saving your tired back at the end of a long day of driving. Think of it this way, Rolling Cargo Bed is like the framework for any
Just imagine it: no more sore knees and backs and dirty, torn pants from crawling around in the murky twilight under the canopy covering
Kris Thistle’s dream ride is a 2011 Colorado named Rampage. He also calls it his “Little Big Truck” because it sits taller than some full-size pickups and it’s a mid-size. Kris’ plans for his truck are also oversized: “Seeing the guys on the Colorado forums with their trucks showed me options and I wanted to make mine unique. Everyone does full-size builds, I wanted to do something different.”
- Aries Automotive Bull Bar, Sprayed with Line-X and Rigid Industries Dually Pods - Extang Solid Tri-fold Tonneau - Spray-In Bedliner - 17x9” Black/Red Ballistic Jester Rims - 315/70r17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs - Aftermarket Power Sunroof Installed - Tinted Eagle Eye LED Taillights - Custom FineLine Headlights: Quad Ess K Mini H1 Interior: - Custom painted black interior with red splatter accents - Black-cat Customs Red Splatter Z71 Gauge and Blue Needles - Pioneer AVH-X7500BT Flip Screen DVD Deck - 2x 10” Kicker CompRT Subs w/1200W Hertz Amp - Hertz Energy 6.5” speakers with Hertz 4-channel - ’06 Hummer H3 Black Leather Heated/Power Seats - ’06 Hummer H3 Black Leather Armrest - Red GrafxWorx Bow Tie Steering Wheel Inlay - Custom DK Moulds Red/Black HVAC/Headlight Knobs and Buttons - SSK Black Billet Shifter Stalk with Red Handle - 1.5” Smaxx Body Lift - Rancho RS60613 AAL - Monroe Sensatrac Rear shocks - Bilstein 5100 Shocks in Front - ReadyLift Torsion Keys cranked 2.5” Performance: - Volant CAI with Oiled Filter - MSD Spark Plug Wires - Doug Thorley Tri-Y Long Tube Headers - Supermod Ported Throttle Body - True Dual Header-Back System Catless, added an xpipe w/twin Flowmaster Original 40 Mufflers and Twin 4” Black Chrome Tips - Custom Davenport Dyno/Street Tune putting out 236whp/262wtq on 35s 6.0 Projectors w/Cobb Style RGB Halos - Redline Tuning QuickLift Hood Shocks Suspension: - 4” Rancho Suspension Lift
The Calgary native’s truck is used for everything: “It’s mainly a pavement princess daily driver, but I’ve towed trailers with it, hauled loads of wood, moved furniture, and got muddy. At Colorado forum meets, Rampage has won 2 “Best of Show” and 2 “Best Work in Progress” awards.”
Kris has two favourite accessories. “My custom headlights, which have RGB halos, custom splatter-painted housings and reflectors to match my theme, and quad projector retro- fits with 6000K HIDs. I love them because they constantly grab people’s attention & give the truck attitude. The mod that’s tied for my favourite would be my after-market sunroof. Having one put in was on my list from moment one. I had a black headliner installed at the same time and it has never leaked in the 4 years I’ve had it!” Kris has “a never-ending mod list: I want a supercharger and I also have plans to upgrade my control arms and steering shafts, add an e-fan, cams, and do a rear brake disc conversion.
I have a new hood I’m eyeing up. His goal is to: win a “Best Truck” at a bigger show with other brands competing. I enjoy how it turns heads, and it’s definitely more than I expected it to be at this moment.”
And much more...
24 THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE
Year/Make/Model: 2008 Toyota Tundra Engine: 5.7L iForce V8 Owner: Steven Killoran Location: Calgary, AB Instagram: @HeadTurnerTundra
HEAD TURNER TUNDRA
Modifications: - 2.5 Gen Grille Conversion
Steven Killoran named his Truck Head Turner Tundra. As you can see from the photos, it really will turn heads. This 2008 Toyota Tundra Crewmax is Steven’s pride and joy as well as the truck he’s dreamed of having since childhood. He bought it “bone stock” and the first thing he did was get a co-
- T-Rex Urban Assault Grille Insert - Addictive Desert Designs Custom Venom Bumper with 20” Rigid Industries Marine Light Bar - Custom Trigger Industries Mud Flaps - White Headlights with Oracle White Halos - Custom Rigid Industries 50” Light Bar with White N-Fab Roof Mounts - 3” ReadyLift Levelling Kit - 17” Method Double Standards - 35x12.5 Toyo Open Country M/T’s - Tire Gate with Full Size Matching Spare - Spraylined Monster Hook - White Trailer Hitch - 2 Undercover Swing Cases - 20% Tint All Around (sunroof included) - WeatherTech Floor Mats - .388 Custom Headturnertundra Bullet Antenna - Dual 12” Kicker compVT’s in Custom Canadiantundras Sub Box - 1100 watts Alpine Amp - Icon Vehicle Dynamics Shift Knob - Custom Switch Plate - iPad mounted In Arm Rest with Mob Armour Mount
lour-matched Rock Warrior Grille, which he later swapped out for a 2.5 Gem Grille conversion. He has installed everything on it himself except for the tint and the wheels.
Steven began taking his truck to events in 2015 and he has now participated in the following events: Show your Ride for Brandon 2015, Cancer Cruise 2015, Three Hills Show and Shine, and Driven YYC 2016. Steven plans to enter the Show your Ride for Brandon again this year. This is a memorial fundraiser in honour of Brandon Thomas who, at 17, was killed by a drunk driver. All funds go to a SAIT scholarship for mechanics.
His favourite accessory so far is his wheels. They are Toyo Open Country MT’s on 17” Method Double Standards. Steven has big plans for his Tundra: “I plan to make my truck a Pre-Runner. Long travel, fiberglass fenders and bedsides, the works. Purely because I adore how they look”. When you see this Tundra cruising down the Deerfoot Trail, it’s a sure thing that it will turn your head! Don’t forget to give Steven a thumbs up to show him that you recognize his dream truck from this issue of the Accessory Dream Guide.
THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE 25
TRIFECTA TRI-FOLD TONNEAU COVER
SOLID FOLD 2.0 FOLDING HARD LID TONNEAU COVER • Lightweight 1” thick panels made of heavy-duty automotive grade TPO skins with polypropylene core • Stays cool to touch on hot days and will not fade or break down under heat load • Speed Klamps: Instant Access: Rear tail section clamps operate with spring action handle for instant fasten and release • Ultimate Water Management: new design using rubber corners, hinge caps and snap-on seals combined with Extang’s modern manufacturing equipment results in the most water resistant hard folding cover on the market
• SafetyKlamps made of strong glass-filled nylon construction • SpeedKlamps operate with spring action handle for instant fasten and release • Clamps conveniently stow away inside rail when not in use • Offers two fabric options; traditional heavy-duty commercial grade vinyl, or the new Signature Series with a rich looking vinyl-backed black canvas • Available to fit with a standard 20” deep toolbox
E-MAX MAXIMUM ACCESS TONNEAU COVER • The only soft-folding cover that folds up at the front of the truck bed to offer more access than any other folding cover • Installs in minutes, and whether it’s open to full capacity or closed, remains hassle free and good looking • Uses the exclusive Secure Shut latching system to keep the cargo protected. Spring action rear SpeedKlamps for instant fasten and release
ENCORE LOW PROFILE FOLDING HARD LID TONNEAU COVER • OEM grade matte finish matches the bed rail caps’ plastic grain creating a cohesive look between the truck and the truck bed cover • Featuring the BOLT ® lock; breakthrough one-key technology Front panel lock codes to match your ignition key • Heavy-duty rear latch locks the cover at the tailgate • The only 3-panel hard folding cover that provides both front panel opening and rear fold-up • 1” thick polypropylene core sandwiched between the skin The form core & TPO panels offer the ultimate in dent resistance
26 THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE
The Solid Fold 2.0 is redesigned withTPO tough, dent-resistant panels and integrated snap-on seals that make it the most weather resistant folding cover on the market. A textured matte finish gives the cover an OEM look and a soft feel.
IRON CROSS BUMPERS
HEAVY DUTY TRUCK BUMPERS
JEEP FRONT & REAR BUMPERS
• Textured gloss powder coat finish • Recessed 4” light housing for lights • Standard winch mount • Light weight design • CNC laser cut
• Matte black textured powder coating • All front bumpers winch compatible
• Front and rear bumpers have d-lug plates for shackles • Light cut out for iron cross 3.75” light (#OP3R-ICKit) *or factory fog lights
BASE BUMPER • PUSH BAR BUMPER GRILLE GUARD • BASE REAR BUMPER
LOW PROFILE BUMPER • Iron Cross branded
RS SERIES BUMPER • New sleek, low profile design
• D-lugs for Iron Cross shackles • 6” rectangle fog light cut outs
• 10 gauge steel bumper shell with ¼ mounting brackets • 2” square class III receiver tube with ½” reinforced collar * Lights sold separately
28 THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE
USA STANDARD GEAR ®
GEAR SETS HIGH PERFORMANCE USA STANDARD GEAR SETS Trust USA Standard to deliver on the latest designs and
AXLES QUALITY USA STANDARD GEAR AXLES
All USA Standard Ring and Pinion sets come standard with a one-year warranty.
Proven manufacturing technologies provide top quality, competitive tough axles. For both front & rear applications, put the power of performance in your vehicle. All USA Standard axles come with a limited one year warranty.
When Price is a Factor and Quality is Essential
SPARTAN LOCKERS Assurance, confidence and reliability make the Spartan Locker ® a perfect choice. The Spartan Locker ® by USA Standard Gear is a mechanical locker that replaces the spiders in a standard case. The Locker’s design excludes thrust washers and offers a revolutionary spring and pin design making installation a snap!
INSTALLATION KITS USA Standard install kit offers a lower coat alternative when price must be kept low. This kit uses Koyo Bearings and Races. Included are carrier bearings and races, pinion bearings and races, pinion seal, complete shim kit, ring gear bolts, pinion nut, crush sleeve (if applicable), oil baffles and slinger (if applicable), threading locking compound, marking compound with brush gasket.
30 THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE
Year/Make/Model: 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon Engine: 3.8L Penstar Owner: Kevin Peddie Location: Spruce Grove, AB
Modifications: - Smittybilt On-board Air - 325/65-r18 Duratrac 10ply Tires with Custom Hydro Dipped Mayham Rims - Osram Aftermarket LED Head Lights - XRC Front and Rear Bumpers - Full Custom Skid Plates Protecting 100% of the Underside of the Jeep - Superchip TrailDash 2 - Custom 1350 Chromoly Front and rear Drive Shafts (made custom by Alberta Drive Line) - 13/50 Double Carbide Shafts - 5:13 Yukon Gears with Detroit E Lockers - Front and Rear Sleeved Dana 44 - Osram LED Fog Lights - Osram LED 20” Light Bar - Trail X 10,0000 lbs winch with 120” Synthetic Line - 2.5” Rock Krawler - Electric Sway Bar Disconnects - Fox 2.0 Shocks All Around - Teraflex Bump Stops
Kevin Peddie and Tracy Norell are friends, co-organizers, Jeep enthu- siast and most importantly, off-road addicts! In fact, they love off-road- ing so much that they created a public group named North Country Off-Road Addicts. If Kevin had his way, he would spend the vast majority of his time
off-roading or showing off Mario, his 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon, at meets or adding more mods to increase his enjoyment of both of those activ- ities. Kevin’s reason for off-roading is pretty blunt: “being able to see parts of this country others can’t get to”. So far, Kevin has a couple of prime candidates for best mod on his ride: “I love my gear set 5”13 Yukon Gears. This allows me to run my tires of choice with no loss of power in the mud or on the hills. That is followed by my Rock Krawler 2.5” Suspension System, which matches with the Fox 2.0 Shocks.” Kevin’s next modifications will either be a custom rear winch or 14” coil overs, front and rear.
When it comes to Mario, Kevin has a philosophy, after long days spent off-roading over rough terrain in the Alberta Wilderness. He states: “I own a Jeep so the work is never done - new parts come out and there are new trails to discover. I would be lying if I said I had an end game.“
Mario still has to do double duty as a daily driver as well as being a conqueror of the unknown wild. In addition, Kevin takes Mario to local meets, shows, charity runs, memorial runs and trail clean- ups. When he’s headed to those kinds of events, “I like to keep my rig looking nice and clean yet at the same time, I am not afraid to push it to its limits on the trail.”
32 THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE
Year/Make/Model: 2013 JK Sahara Wrangler Engine: 3.6 Liter
Owner: Tracy Norell Location: Dapp, AB
Modifications: - Rubicon Express 3.5” Suspension Lift - 17” Custom Moto Metal Skull Rims - 35” Hercules Trail Digger M/T (summer) - 35” General Grabber AT2 Studded (winter) - Paramount Front Bumper - Atlas Rear Back Bumper with Tire Carrier - Metal Gas Can/ Tool Box for Tire Carrier - Custom Waterproof Off-road Relay Box - Snap on 10000 Winch - Superchips TrailDash - Rugged Ridge XRD Modular Snorkel - LED Halo Headlights - LED Tail Lights - JKS Front and Rear Track Bars - J Speck Re-alignment Kit - 51” LED Light Bar/Covers w/Rugged Ridge Brackets - Hydro Dipped Interior Pieces - Custom Powder Coating - Light Bar Brackets - All done by Clark’s Coating - Custom Hood and Wild Boar Grille (Air- brush) Backalley Customz, Cody Sams - Daystar Switch Panel - Bestop Trektop NX - Custom Skid Plate (Kris Roy, Red Deer) - Custom Hardtop Liner (winter) - Poison Spider Stock Tire Carrier Delete Plate and Plug - PIAA Halogen Fog Lights - LED Cube Lights - Fire Extinguisher/Rollbar Holder - Custom Grab Handles (glow in the dark) - Skull Shifter Knob - Rugged Ridge Floor Mats/Console Cover - Smittybilt Rear Gate Storage Tailgate Bag
Tracy is a Jeep Enthusiast. Her 2013 Wrangler, named Speedy Steve, takes her everywhere, on road and off. Tracy hails from the hamlet of Dapp, Alberta. Dapp offers Tracy the best of city and country life. It is less than an hour from Edmonton yet she can drive 2 blocks from home and be in the country.
Tracy got Speedy Steve “to go off-road with family and friends and to enjoy the outdoors.” Now, she co-runs a group called North Country Off-Road Addicts, which goes on off-road expeditions around Alberta. It also promotes and supports causes for the community, such as “memorial runs, charitable runs and trail clean ups.” When the members of her club are not hitting the trails during the week, they can often be found meeting for coffee to discuss their next adven- ture or charitable event and to relive the glories of past expeditions.
Her favourite accessory on Speedy Steve is the air brushing on the hood and the Wild Boar Grille. Next, she has plans to add: “adjustable con- trol arms, an off-road hero top, and a synthetic winch line.”Her ultimate goal for her future involves what Tracy calls “Jeep Life”: “My abso- lute dream is to have an awesome
group that just wants to get out and enjoy their rigs as much as I do, making sure we are respectful of the trails and having memories that last forever! It is significant to note Tracy’s repeated insistence on be- ing respectful of the trails and her organization of trail clean up events.
Tracy has successfully grown a group of like-minded enthusiasts through N.C.O.A. By using social media, Tracy has persuade more Jeep owners to get back to the low tech camping life in the Alberta wilderness.
- Custom Rock Rails - Custom Mud Flaps
THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE 33
34 THE ACCESSORY DREAM GUIDE
At Raven Truck Accessories and North Shore Off-Road Centre we love customized vehicles. Shout-out to the below fans and followers from our social media pages who have built their Dream Vehicle. Never stop building! #raventruckaccessories and #northshoreoffroad for a chance to be featured in our next Shout Out Page